British High commision
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
Contract Manager to actively oversee all contract in the Nigeria network and supervise the day –to-day implementation of the Procurement Pipeline of all budget monitors operating FCO budgets in the network. This includes liaison with the Procurement Hub on behalf of the network on a daily basis, support the management of contract relationships between various budget monitors and their respective contractors, deliver the contract improvement plan for the network. Support the Head of Finance of the network to achieve contractual integrity and green Finance Performance Compliance Indicators, to ensure the platform is maintained to FCO standards and suitable for use by 1HMG staff at all times.
Roles and responsibilities:
Collaborating and Partnering (Working with Others) – 20%
- Input to procurement pipeline annual plans, ensuring engagement in Business cases and holding the pen on the procurement section for the Nigeria network
- Represent the Commercial Procurement Group at high-level cross government briefings on Professional & Corporate Services.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to drive additional value/increase efficiency within all contracts in the networ
- Lead, manage and inspire the procurement team in the network, including appraisals and development plans
- Ensure continuity and consistency of approach across the network procurement team from contract to contract
Delivering a Quality Service (Customer Focus) – 35%
- Provide guidance to network procurement teams on specific contracts and ensure their processes are in line with FCO processes
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of the procurement pipeline of all budget holders within the Nigeria network
- Ensure the effective contract management of all contracts within the Nigeria Network ( Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri, Enugu and Port Harcourt)
- Support the implementation of best practice contract management in the network for all One HMG Partners and Procurement Hub
- Use judgement, interpretation and co-ordination to ensure that the solutions developed and delivered are acceptable to senior stakeholders and, when applicable, partners across government
- Support the development of the procurement strategy for all budget sub-heads within the Nigeria Network with the Head of Finance
- Engage in compliance checks between suppliers/ contractors and budget holders within the BHC
Delivering at Pace (Problem Solving) – 10%
- Market awareness for key areas of spend, highlighting opportunities for new ways of working
- Own and drive relationships with key suppliers
- Work with Nigeria Network Finance Manager to provide advice, direction and assurance on all procurement issues within the category portfolio
Delivering Value for Money (Delivering Results) – 35%
- Creativity and innovation will be required when developing and implementing service requirements for contracts to ensure value for money is achieved
- Business case drafting (commercial and procurement)
- The role will be responsible for contract management spend of £3 million
- The role will be expected to deliver cost savings of between 1.5% and 5% during each contract undertaken were possible
- Previous procurement/contract management experience in a structured organisation
- Previous financial management experience
- Available to travel to all Nigeria Network Posts
- Have a Master’s degree in any related field
- Be a member of CIPS with road map to completing the course
17 October 2019
Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
British Deputy High Commission
1 December 2019
Full-time but should be willing to work flexible hours.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
1. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service
Commission (DSSC) Course 27. Online registration starts on 3 October 2019 and closes on 14 November 2019. The departments and entry requirements are listed below.
2. Seaman: BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
a. Nautical Sciences.
e. Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
3. Accounts and Budget:Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
4. Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
5. Education:Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
a. English Language.
f. Bio chemistry.
i. Library Science (B.Sc).
j. Computer Science.
k. Guidance and Counseling.
l. French Language.
m. Chinese Language.
n. Arabic Language.
6. Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
7. Human Resource Management:B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Human Resources Management.
b. Personnel Management.
c. Public Administration.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
8. Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
9. Imam: BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
a. Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
b. Islamic Studies (Hadith).
c. Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
d. Islamic Studies (Theology).
Diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
10. Information: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
11. Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
a. Website Development and Management.
b. Networking and Network Administration.
c. Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
d. Server and Database Administration.
e. Information and Cyber Security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
12. Medical: The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
a. Consultants: Must be a fellow of National
Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or
Surgeons. Must possess current practicing license of the Medical and Dental
Council of Nigeria. Candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 20 February 2020.
b. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBBCh or
equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of
Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
c. Pharmacy:B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full
registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current
d. Medical Lab Science:Either a BMLS or AIMLS/
equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist
Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
e. Dental Therapist:HND Dental Therapy must possess
current professional practicing license.
f. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography
with current practicing license.
g. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor
of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical
Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a
current practicing license.
h. Optometry:Doctor of Optometry. Must be fully
registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of
Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
i. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
Minimum of BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
j. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must
be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with current practicing
k. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical
Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
l. Biomedical Engineer:BSc/HND in Biomedical
Engineering with current practicing license.
m. Public Health Officer:BSc/HND in either
Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be
fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations
Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
n. General Nursing/Midwives:B.NSc RN/RM with
current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the
following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND HospitalAdministration with current practicing license.
13. Music:BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
14. Sports/PT:BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
15. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
i. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
16. Legal Service: LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required). LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
6. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
7. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
8. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2020. Except Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
9. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the
heads of their units.
10. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
11. Applicants are to choose any of the following centers for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja Centre:
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
b. Bauchi Centre:
Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta Centre:
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
(2)AirForce Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
f. Sokoto Centre:
Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
12. Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
13. Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
SUBMISSION OF FORM
14. On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal to generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are thereafter advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’. For technical support, call 08159999011 and 09018611774 between 0800 and 1700 hours only.